Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat looks to be having a gagging reflex and pawing at s

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, my cat looks to be having a gagging reflex and pawing at his mouth. He won't let me get close to him to look, which is normal for him.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is happening more frequently it started about a week ago and I didn't pay too much attention to it. He is eating.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Thanks so much for requesting me. I am sorry your baby is having trouble.

I know he does not ant you to look but you will have to wrap him in a towel like a burrito with just his head out. Maybe someone can hold him while you look under tongue and on roof for a stuck item, oral sore, bad tooth or ny abnormalities.

It sounds like something in his mouth is hurting him.

Since it has been going on a week it is most likely a bad tooth.

I will stand by while you go check

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Have you been able to look in his mouth?