Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My name is ***** *****. My cat has a pinkish bubble on s

Customer Question

Customer: Hi! My name is ***** *****. My cat has a pinkish bubble on his forehead. I'm wondering what it is. It seems to be filled with fluid.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my other cat actually scratched it once and it drained. It almost went away but now its back. It seems to be getting a bit bigger but is growing very slowly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Does it have to be posted?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry you are worried. Your boy has an abscess due to the scratch.

Apply very warm,damp compresses too get it to open and drain.

One is does dab on either plain neosporen or raw honey 3 times a day. Both are safe to lick.

Honey is an amazing healing agent for animals and people:

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

Please let me know how your fur baby is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Love,

Terri

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Terri but the abscess was actually there before the scratch. The scratch just helped to drain it a bit. Should I apply honey anyway and see if that helps to drain it naturally? Its not an infection. It grew on its own.
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such wonderful person!

Yes, apply honey 3 times a day. It will heal it right up!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site. I will still be here for you at no additional charge.

Have a wonderful holiday,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Terri