Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Thanks in advance. my cat has some scarring on her back,

Customer Question

Customer: hi, thanks for help in advance. my cat has some scarring on her back, defo not fleas as she has been treated as a precaut precaution, however we've recently got a budgie who I spotted what I thought was a tiny spider. could the two issues be related?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my cat is constantly cleaning her tail and has been sick a number of times. my bird only just recently is loosing feathers
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 12 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo - a licensed veterinarian with more than 20 years of experience with both cats and birds -- and I'm here to help you with your question about your cat and your budgie.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 12 months ago.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.

So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 12 months ago.

It appears you are not online and available to discuss your question about your cat and budgie. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question is available to other experts when you return online.

Thank you.

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Does the rash look like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miliary_dermatitis

Kind regards,

Terri