Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

This is ***** *****. My 16 year old cat is well, old and now

Customer Question

Customer: hi, this is ***** *****. My 16 year old cat is well, old and now starts to urinate in her bed. she is just not happy anymore with her life. she doesn't leave her bed, barely eats and sleeps all day we took her to the vet a month ago and had major dental work done. she seemed better for a few weeks. she wouldn't take any immune support pills, or antibiotics without vomiting all over the bed now she urinates in her bed badly. I don't know what to do and don't know if it's that time to make the hard call
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she is 16, has been an indoor cat all her life. we also have 2 other cats who are younger. she has zero interest in socializing, she sleeps all day, lost a bit of weight, doesn't eat very much
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: depends on how long a bit is.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

Thank you very much for your patience.

I'm so sorry that your older, furry girl is not in doing well. From your description, it sounds like she is no longer enjoying quality of life and this is usually the barometer we use to make that dreaded decision. We make it out of our love for our furbabies, even though it is the toughest decision in the world, to make. It sounds like you're leaning in this direction and if she hasn't been diagnosed with any specific condition right now and could not tolerate the immune system booster or antibiotics, plus she's barely eating and losing weight, it sounds like she's not in a very happy phase and not enjoying life.

If there is absolutely nothing further that can be done, medically to help her feel happier, healthier and prolong her life, I think you know what decision to make, that would be best for her. I'm sure she knows she's very loved and you have provided her with a wonderfully happy life. Don't beat yourself up about thinking about this or making the decision, if you have to; I know you will do what you feel is best for your furry girl, only out of love.

My best thoughts and prayers and my heart are with you, at this difficult time.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

I'm just following up with you to make sure you received my answer. Some clients have recently said they were not receiving some answers, so I will resend my original answer here and please let me know when you get it. Thanks!

--------------

Hello, and welcome.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hello, again.

I'm just following up with you to see how the situation is going with your kitty.

If you found my answer helpful, please let me know, and if you need any additional information or have other concerns, please reply to tell me, so I can help you further.

Thanks,

Cher