Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat is about 4 or 5 months old and is driving me

Customer Question

My cat is about 4 or 5 months old and is driving me absolutely crazy. She is very aggressive and just constantly in motion. She attacks me and my dogs out of no where constantly. I can be just sitting on the couch minding my own business and she'll randomly run by, jump up and bite or scratch me and run away. Same thing with the dogs. And she doesn't stop at night. If I leave my bedroom door open, she wakes me up with these behaviors, biting an exposed body part or my hair and if I close the door, she sits outside of it and meows for hours. Is there anything you can recommend that I do to modify her behavior before she drives me completely insane?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hi Annie,

I am sorry you are having trouble with Tiger Lilly.

She has what I call The kitten crazies. She is like the energizer bunny and has unlimited energy.

Get a feliway plug - in to calm her down. It goes into an outlet like glade.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=8906

Add rescue remedy to her water.

http://www.rescueremedy.com/products/

Feed her canned food with turkey - it contains l-triptophan and is sleep inducing.

VERY important:

You must tire her out. Use feather wand or bird on a pole to play with her till she pants. Then feed the turkey meal.

schedule 3 play sessions a day. One just before bed time.

Please let me know how things are going. Just reply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.