Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My male cat is diabetic and I've been giving m insulin few

Customer Question

My male cat is diabetic and I've been giving him insulin for a few months now. He is about 8-9 years old and weighs under 7 lbs. My vet has me feeding him Hill's rx A/D as of the first episode. His stomach is very bloated and he has urinated on himself at some point today while I was at work. This is the second time this has happened. The vet gave him antibiotic shot about 10 days ago when the first episode happened. What can I give him to relieve his obvious misery?
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Good evening.

I believe only part of your question has come through. I am going to post below what it is that we can see on our end. I'm not seeing any info on the original episode. Can you provide this?

"My male cat is diabetic and I've been giving him insulin for a few months now. He is about 8-9 years old and weighs under 7 lbs. My vet has me feeding him Hill's rx A/D as of the first episode. His stomach is very bloated and he has urinated on himself at some point today while I was at work. This is the second time this has happened. The vet gave him antibiotic shot about 10 days ago when the first episode happened. What can I give him to relieve his obvious misery? "

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was diagnosed a few months ago with being diabetic. He had this first episode of using the bathroom on himself and loud meowing about 10 days ago so I took him to the vet. so tonight the same thing has happened. He is obviously miserable, stomach is tight and full feeling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He sits with his back end a little raised and face down.

My goodness, it sounds like he's had a rough time of it recently.

Based on your report, I would also be concerned about something more advanced happening. The tight and enlarged stomach is a concern, especially with the way that he's sitting. This suggests he's not comfortable. Have any xrays been taken of his abdomen? Any workup for his abdominal symptoms? Do you happen to have his labwork from a few months back available (or more recently, if applicable).