Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience as a veterinary practice owner working with cats. I am happy to give you practical information.
16881297

Candy (or backup). Just an update that while we are using

Customer Question

hi Candy (or backup). Just an update that while we are using the diffusers, calming cookies and spray, and positive reinforcements resulting from being together with George, Frankie still is hissing, leaving the room, and sometimes swatting at him. i don't
know that there are other methods we haven't discussed yet, but we are keeping patient and continuing consistently with what we have discussed. george still sleeps separately from us (and frankie) but day time naps (when we are home) we manipulate togetherness.
as long as everyone is sleepy, things go pretty well :) Anyway, if any other ideas come to mine, we would love to hear.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am sorry that Candy is not available but I would like to help.

Since the sprays and calmuing agents havenot yet solved the problem between George and Frankie, your next step is medication such as Clomicalm or Fluoxetine. These will help them past this. Take them to your vet for an exam to be sure there is not a medical condition causing their problems and then ask about this medication.

This LINK may explain in more detail.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****