Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Candy, My cats seem to have an infestation of bird mites and

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Candy, My cats seem to have an infestation of bird mites and are really causing distress with our male cat around his face and eyes and what would be the best treatment he is eleven years old, my name is ***** ***** Sandy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The issue here being that my step daughter's father has an issue with bird mites in his flat, is getting on a bit, the daughter visits him two or three times a week, and the mites seem to be getting transfered via her to our cats and her own. We would like to know how to treat the cats as they are becoming distressed (along with ourselves ) Could you please give us some advise on what treatment is required ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is it safe for me to disconnect from you and just wait for an email ?
Expert:  Candy R. replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Sorry I had to step away from the computer for a bit.

Can you tell me how long this has been going on?

What have you tried so far?

Are the humans in the house getting bitten as well?