Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My cat has similar symptoms - one eye is very runny, she is

Customer Question

My cat has similar symptoms - one eye is very runny, she is lethargic and sneezing in spurts. What can I do to relieve her tonight?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that Avery is not feeling well. My name is***** would be happy to help.

One of the most common reasons for sneezing in cats is the Herpes virus( not contagious to humans) .
For this we suggest starting a L lysine supplement . You can get this at any health food store or pet shop. 500mgs per day for 7 days then 250 mgs per day .

Another possibles could be allergies a foreign object in the nose or dental disease.
You can try over the counter Chlor-Trimeton at a dose of 2-4 mgs once per day if you feel this could be allergies.

To help relieve nasal irritation you can use saline nose drops. We recommend Little Noses for infants. 2-3 drops in each side of the nose twice daily. You can rinse the eye with sterile saline such as the ones used for contact lenses. Never use human eye drops such as Visine.

Sneezing can also be the first sign of an upper respiratory infection. If the eye discharge is green or yellow in color, she stops eating or seems to decline in any way then she should be seen by a vet.

I hope this helps and she gets well soon. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be more then happy to help. If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating so that I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you this evening.

Candy

Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Avery. How is everything going?
Candy R.