Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Just noticed blood spots on the rug in the bathroom. Cat is

Customer Question

Just noticed blood spots on the rug in the bathroom. Cat is spayed and only a 3 1/2 years old. She keeps going to the litter box to try and and urinate but little comes out. This is from a cat that has a very large bladder. It is 4 am. Should I wait until the vet comes in or go to the emergency vet. My name is*****
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has has already been 45 minutes. If I had known that it was going to take this long..I could have just taken my cat to the emergency vet and saved myself a little bit of money. It said 8 minutes. Just need to know what to do. Haven't slept yet.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hello Deborah,

I am so sorry your fur baby is not feeling well and you have not received an answer. I just signed on, saw your question and have responded immediately.

Since your cat is female this is not as serious as if we were treating a male kitty.

It sounds like she has a UTI or cystitis.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/urinary_tract_infection.html

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_interstitial_cystitis.html

Many times this is caused by a dry food diet:

www.catinfo.org

Of course she could have stones or crystals. Give her 3 drops of cranberry juice every day (by dropper) to lower the PH of her urine and stop the burning sensation.

Drain the water from a can of tuna and let her lap it up for hydration

It is safe to wait till her vet comes in this morning.

Please let me know how she is doing .

I am sorry you had to wait.

Kind regards,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Hi Deborah,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Terri