Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat was spayed one week ago (Monday) and was sent home

Customer Question

hi! my cat was spayed one week ago (Monday) and was sent home without an ecollar. she seemed fine and was acting her normal self. then on Friday, I noticed that she had ripped out 2 of her stitches and it did not look good. I took her to the animal ER and the vet said it had probably been like that for about 24 hours and was becoming infected. the took her back into surgery and when I picked her up, she had a lot of staples instead of stitches.
they sent her home in an ecollar which she managed to pull of a multitude of times. I even brought her back to the vet and they put it on tighter and laced it with her normal collar. of course, she managed to get out. so we opted out for her to wear her sweater.
I noticed this morning though that the top staple is gone. I'm not sure if she managed to lick/bite it out while I was asleep or if she jumped/played to the point where it came loose.
do you think she will manage with that one staple missing? is there any antibiotic cream or s
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pictures:
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jordan,

I am sorry Luna is so intent on removing her sutures.

She should be fine minus the one staple as all should be coming out very soon.

To promote healing and stop infection apply some raw honey. It is a marvelous healing agent. Its also OK if she licks it.

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

Make her a tube top from the sleeve of an old shirt so she cannot reach the incision.

Please let me know how things are going. Reply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Love,

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jordan,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Luna. How is everything going?
Terri