Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat is 15 has a growth on her back left thigh it was

Customer Question

My cat is 15 has a growth on her back left thigh it was bleeding a lot. I superglued the stow shut. Nose and gum are real pale, her head has a little shakey.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Elizabeth and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about this growth on your furry girl's back left thigh. If it was bleeding a lot, this may have caused her to be anemic and that's why her nose and gums are real pale and her head is a little shaky. She may have lost a lot of blood.

If she's not eating very much, she risks developing a serious liver condition called hepatic lipidosis or 'fatty liver,' and we would want to avoid that at all costs.

Due to the severity of the bleeding of this growth and the paleness of her gums, it's very important to have her seen right away by a vet in person. In this way, she can be evaluated and treated. This is not the kind of problem for which there is a home remedy, unfortunately.

The cause of the growth needs to be determined and there's a possibility that it could be infected or even cancerous, so I hope you can get her to the vet or an ER vet center, now, to be examined in person, diagnosed and treated. If you need help finding an ER vet in your area, please provide your zipcode, city and state.

I hope all will be well with your furry girl and please let me know how she's doing and what the vet tells you. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Warmest regards,
Cher