Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My year old cat has been not eating or drinking and throwing

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Becky. My year old cat has been not eating or drinking and throwing up what I think is bile(2-3days). Can I do anything for her tonight before I can get to the vet tomorrow?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what details?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Can you tell me if if your cat is a male or a female? Indoor only or allowed outdoors as well?

Have you seen your cat use the litter box for urine or stool recently? If so, how long ago?

Has your cat eaten anything in 3 days?

How frequent is the vomiting?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.