Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Have a cat who had a front declaw on Tuesday. One Foot is

Customer Question

Have a cat who had a front declaw on Tuesday. One Foot is very swollen. Is this an emergency or can it wait until monday
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Lisa and welcome!

If your Toby just had a front declaw on Tuesday and one foot is quite swollen, I would consider this an emergency. Toby may have developed an infection in this paw/foot and needs a hands-on exam by a veterinarian to get a diagnosis and treatment.

It would be advisable to have him seen today.

I hope all will be well with your Toby and please let me know how he's doing and what the vet tells you. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Lisa,

I'm just checking in with you to see how Toby is doing and if you were able to have him seen by a vet to alleviate the swelling in his foot, following the declaw surgery.

Please let me know, as I am concerned for him and hope all is well!

Thanks,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lisa,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Toby. How is everything going?
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Lisa.

I haven't heard back from you and wanted to know how Toby is doing now. Please get back in touch with me to update me on his condition.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it!

Warmest regards ***** ***** Holidays,

Cher