Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a kitten who is a month old, today she accidentally

Customer Question

Hello, I have a kitten who is a month old, today she accidentally ate a few crumbs from a left over thanksgiving chocolate cake, being that I know that chocolate is poison for cats I was wondering, should I take her to the vet to make sure she's alright? And, is she going to die despite the fact that she took in a very small amount?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hello Cheyenne,

You do not have to worry one bit. A few crumbs of chocolate will not harm your kitty.

She would have to eat at least an once of milk chocolate for any problems.

I would not expect any negative issues . You do not have to do anything at all.

I hope I have eased your mind that she will be just fine.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Love,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Six. How is everything going?
Terri