Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I took my kitten to our local vet she has a growth plate

Customer Question

I took my kitten to our local vet she has a growth plate displacement and he said to keep her splint on 17days she has not has surgery and she's running jumping hopping playing back to her normal self would it be okay to take her splint off or take her back to our local vet
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hello Britney,

I am sorry ally had this trouble. Growth plates are soft till about eight months of age. I am sure she feels better if she is running around. That is great but he could re-injure herself with all that activity. sometimes we do surgery for growth plate injuries.

Read more here:

http://www.vetsurgerycentral.com/growth_plate.htm

Since the splint has been on 14 days, I would leave it on 3 more days and have her re-seen on Monday.

You would not want to undo all the good that has been done to heal her up.

Please let me know if you wish to discuss this further. And how she is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Love,

Terri