Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

There is a black kitten I just found that seems to have

Customer Question

There is a black kitten I just found that seems to have gone from running around fine yesterday to not easily being able to lift its head. I'm a Canadian in India, by the way. No one owns this cat. It was a sittting duck for dogs nearby, so I brought it in a cat carrier to my house nearby and it is in a blanket on hot water bottles and sleeping. Doesn't seem to be in pain. It was able to eat some dry food. We will take it to the vet tomorrow. Not sure if it has a viral infection or if it was hit by something or fell. It can wag its tail and it can walk, but is totally weaker than yesterday. the main thing I noticed is it doesn't seem to be able to lift its head properly. If there was any spinal injury, it doesn't seem to be in pain, only a bit when I touch it on the spine near the tail... I have very little money but if you have any feedback, do let me know***@******.***

Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was unable to log in because I couldn't remember my password. It's OK. I'll take the cat to the vet tomorrow. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Bless you for taking her in!

She may be dehydrated or hypoglycemic.

Rub a drop of pancake syrup or honey into her gums to raise her blood sugar.

Drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl and let her lap it up. If she does offer the tuna.

You can also offer milk, broth, canned cat food, baby food (no onion or garlic) or boiled chicken.

Please let me know how she is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitties.

Love,

Terri