Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

I've got a 6 month out kitten she breath water though her

Customer Question

Hello I've got a 6 month out kitten she breath water though her nose as she didnt realise it was full she did it twice and she can't meow her purr sounds different and she keep coughing she still eating
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

From your description, it sounds like your kitten may have aspirated some water into her lungs. Coughing is her body's way of trying to get rid of the water, but it might not be enough.

It would be advisable to have her seen by a vet as soon as possible, so she can be treated, after a diagnosis is made. They may need to do a chest x-ray to see if there is any fluid in her lungs and then treatment will be given.

I'm glad to hear that she's still eating, but this could turn into a serious problem, if she is not evaluated by a vet today, to know if she aspirated any water into her lungs.

In the future, don't fill the water bowl up to the top, so this can't happen again.

I hope all will be well with your furry girl!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I'm just checking back in with you to see how your kitten is doing. I hope all is well!

Were you able to have her seen by a vet to find out if she aspirated water into her lungs, accidentally?

Please let me know if you found my answer helpful and how your little one is doing, today, as I'm concerned for her. Thank you!

Warmest regards,

Cher