Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

I am a registered nurse. My cat is dying, and I am wondering

Customer Question

I am a registered nurse. My cat is dying, and I am wondering if it would be humane to give her some lorazepamor acepromazine or hydroxyzine to help ease the process, or would these just make things worse for her. She has tumors on her intestines & is not eating any longer and can barely move herself. I have made an appt to have her euthanized in the morning, but am afraid she will suffer more than she needs to even if she makes it until then.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I can't do a phone call at this time, but I would be glad to answer your question.

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news about your beloved kitty's condition. The most humane and painless decision, would be to have her euthanized at an ER vet center, tonight, so she doesn't have to suffer any longer. I would not recommend giving her the medications you mentioned, as the vet has a set protocol to make this as easy as possible for her, although I know this is not an easy time for either of you. It might cost a little more than your regular vet, but if she were mine, this is the route I would take.

I hope you will consider this, and you are very selfless to want to end your beloved kitty's suffering by making the right decision, out of your love for her!

My heart and best thoughts and prayers go out to you and your kitty.

Warmest regards,

Cher