Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a 3 year old Tabby, that will not use a scratching

Customer Question

Hi!!! I have a 3 year old Tabby, that will not use a scratching post, or cardboard scratcher. I have tried, placing catnip on the scratcher and the cat just rolls on the
scratcher.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jennie, thanks for your question.

I'm sorry you're hear about your frustration with your kitty. Can you tell me if you're just trying to get him/her to scratch the post? Are you more concerned about her finding a positive place to scratch (so she doesn't scratch the furniture) or is something else intended? The more info I have the better I can help you. I'll have a reply for you shortly after your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in a rental apartment, and I am actually seeing pieces of the carpet pulled out in the places she scratches.

Is the outside of the scratching post carpet, by chance?

Hi Jennie, just checking in to see if you need need further assistance with your cat not using her scratching post.