Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat's tail is suddenly limp. he's still eating/drinking

Customer Question

my cat's tail is suddenly limp. he's still eating/drinking but not as active today
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your boy is having trouble.

Can I please have some more information about his condition?

How old is he?

How long is his tail like this?
Was he outside or exposed to cold water?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Thanks,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

This can be a sprained tail. It is called cold or limp tail and usually affects dogs

http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/8_1/features/15685-1.html

If this is the case it will heal with rest. Apply warm compresses to the tail and back 5 minutes on and 10 off for two hours.

You can make a warm pack by adding raw rice to a sock, tie the top and warm in the microwave.

Please let me know if this helps and how he is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Love,

Terri