Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Candy. My cat (age about 5 years) has been throwing up

Customer Question

Hi Candy. My cat (age about 5 years) has been throwing up liquid sporadically the last three days. I plan to take her soon to a vet as I think she may need an X-ray to see if something is in her gastrointestinal area she's trying to get out. Meanwhile, is it ok to try and put a little vaseline on her paw for her to ingest to see if this helps?
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I do not think Candy is online right now. My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to help you.

Yes, it is fine to put dab of vaseline on Mrs. Puff's paw for her to lick off.

Check inside her mouth for a stuck item, sore, bad tooth or any abnormalities. Look under tongue, roof, cheek pouches and between lips and teeth.

If she is nauseated she can have one quarter of a ten mg pepcid A/C (famotidine) every 12 hours.

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/famotidine-pepcid/page1.aspx

I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic.

You can also see if she will lick an ice cube to relieve nausea.

Pick up all dry food and feed canned or baby food till there is no vomiting for 24 hours.

Please let me know how she is doing. Reply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Love,'

Terri