Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a 3 year old cat that has been sick 2 weeks. Some

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old cat that has been sick for about 2 weeks. Some days he looked better at times. The last two days he's looked worse and at one point ran a high temperature of 104.2. He's sleeping a lot, sits in the corner, cries when picked up, looks disheveled. I took him to the Vet. The vet did a blood test and provided me with an antibiotic. He said that the blood tests looked normal. Can this just be a cat cold or flu? He doesn't have any real upper respiratory signs. Is there anything else I can do to help this little guy feel better?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Can you upload a copy of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I not only review the test results but also note which tests should have been performed but weren't.