Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My male cat got neutered ties or 4 days ago along with a

Customer Question

My male cat got neutered ties or 4 days ago along with a rabies vaccine. He has started throwing up clear yellow liquid since last night. Mostly clear slightly yellow.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Charlie is sick today. Just to confirm, he has vomited 4 times in the last 24 hours? Is he still eating his food? Any diarrhea? How is his activity level? Still playing and being a kitten?

For tonight, I would recommend giving him 1/4 of a Pepcid tablet. This can reduce the acid in his stomach and may reduce his vomiting.

Please let me know the answers to the above questions so that I can help you and Charlie more this evening.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He wants to eat but isn't No diahrrea. Not even his favorite can food. How would u suggest giving him Pepcid ?😁
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

I would grind the pill between two spoons, add just a few drops of water to make it a solution and squirt that solution down his throat. The other option is to push the tablet down his throat as a solid.

Also, can you check his body temperature? Take a regular human digital thermometer, lubricate the tip and insert it in the rectum until the metal is completely covered. Cats don't like this very much (it doesn't hurt, I promise), so you may need help holding him. Normal temperature is 100.5 to 102.5.