Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a 12 year old male cat that has begun recently oozing

Customer Question

I have a 12 year old male cat that has begun recently oozing poop. I took him to the vet, and his anal glands were impacted so she expressed. She then gave him metronidazole, and a science diet for digestion. While he was on the th metronidazole he was fine, but once we were finished with that, he has begun to lose control again. The doctor gave him an anti parasitic drug (on the back of his neck). He has a good appetite, is an outdoor cat, and his eyes look bright. We are at wits end and are considering putting him down. What do you think?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear your kitty is having some trouble. My name is ***** ***** be happy to help I just have a few questions so I can better assist you.

Did your vet run a fecal sample if so was it sent out to the lab or done in the office?

Was blood work done?

Any increase in his appetite?

Any weight loss?

Has he ever been tested for feline leukemia or feline aids?

Other then the loose stool any other problems that you have noticed?

Have you ever seen him eating plants, rodents etc?

Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.

Was blood work done?

Any increase in his appetite?

Any weight loss?