Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

This morning my usually robust meowing cat is subdued and

Customer Question

This morning my usually robust meowing cat is subdued and won't eat her morning treat (which contains her thyroid pill) She's 15
Category: Cat
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Dr. RB and I am a small animal veterinarian.. Have their been any other symptoms? Is she acting sore or painful anywhere, including her teeth or gums? Any excessive drooling?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are no other visible symptoms. dry nose

Okay, that is good. It may be nothing of serious concern. But I would continue to watch her for any other out of the ordinary symptoms over the course of the day. I would allow her rest for a bit and try giving her the treat again and seeing if her appetite is normal over the course of the day. If she continues to act subdued, doesn't eat or use the litter box normally this evening, I would make an appointment for her to be seen by your regular DVM.

Hello again, I hope your little friend is feeling better..If my advice helped, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks

I'm just following up on our conversation about Corky. How is everything going?
Ola Barrett

Please take the time to rate my response to your question about Corky? Thank you:)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was serious. She had a spleen tumor. Expired within a week. Had i followed your advise and not taken her in, she would have suffered needlessly

I am sorry to hear that. However, I did not advise you not to take her in.. My advice to you was to monitor her closely and if conditions did not improve, to take her right away. I was given very little information but would gladly have answered any additional questions you may have. The advice I gave was under the limitation of not physically being able to see the pet. Remember that I am a doctor and care for pets daily; I would never and did not give you advice that would have caused her to "suffer needlessly." I am sorry for your loss but this was a very rude remark on your part.