Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a female cat, she looks like a Maine type. she hasn't

Customer Question

i have a female cat, she looks like a Maine Koon type. she hasn't been feeling great for a bit and I see she has yellow-orange discharge from vagina. She has some digestive issues. she bloats. the bloating has gotten worse.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I regret that I'm not allowed to communicate with customers by phone. Please stay in this conversation. Can you tell me, please, what symptoms prompted changing her food several times, probiotic and Metamucil administration? Any vaginal discharge in a spayed cat is worrisome. It's very unusual and when seen usually indicates a stump pyometra - infection where her uterus was severed from her cervix - or malignancy in her genital tract. I'm also concerned by the blood you've seen. It would prompt my carefully examining her oral cavity and performing both a vaginal exam and urinalysis in case the blood is associated with that vaginal discharge and/or urinary tract infection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what??? that's not possible.... so your telling me the best thing to do is take her to a vet???? that's why signed on here...Please cancel my free week...take me out of your computer.... this is not working for me....however it was worth $5.00 to see if it would....Anita

I understand. Very few state boards of veterinary medicine allow us to speak on the phone in this venue. Please contact***@******.*** who can help you with anything other than Gabby's health.

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry Gabby is not feeling well. It would be my pleasure to call you if you wish.

Can you please tell me more about her?

Is she spayed?

Please describe her symptoms when she bloats.

What foods does she eat?

How long has she had this discharge?

Indoor kitty

Thanks,

Terri