Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a 5 month old calico kitten that has had her rabies,

Customer Question

I have a 5 month old calico kitten that has had her rabies, feline distemper, and feline luekemia was tested as negative. Recently this evening she started shaking but she is purring and acting okay.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Shaking usually indicates pain, fever, or anxiety in our pets. It's unclear to me when her vaccines were given; if just prior to her shaking, I would consider her shaking to be due to a vaccine reaction which should be transient and remiss unaided within 36 hours. May I have an update on her, please?

Hi Samantha,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the super late response Dr. Salkin. The last few days have been a whirlwind for me. Genevieve seems to be doing fine. I'm not sure what happened that night but there is no sign of it even happening now. My sister and I guess it was a muscle twitch or something. She received her vaccines back in April. Thank you for your time!!

No worries. Thank you for the good update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.