Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat has been closing it eye about half way. My vet gave

Customer Question

My cat has been closing it eye about half way. My vet gave me to antibiotic drops to help but I have been in the hospital myself and someone else has been giving him the drops. I came home today to seem the condition is no better and the cat is hiding from me. there is no discharge at all. Can you give me some suggestions? Thanks
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you have not been well and your boy's eye is hurting.Hiding means he is in pain.

apply a cool, damp teabag. 3 minutes on and 5 off for an hour.

Repeat as necessary. The tanic acid in the tea will sooth his eye and reduce the PH of his tears.

If he continues to be in pain he may have a corneal abrasion and would need to be seen by an eye specialist.

Please let me know how he is doing. I hope both of you feel better very soon.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Love,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for a speedy response.Kakki
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person.

Please let me know how he is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site.

I will still be here for you at no additional charge.