Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I recently moved and csnt afford a vet. About a week ago my

Customer Question

I recently moved and csnt afford a vet. About a week ago my cat got outside and was in a cat fight. Both cats are updated on shots. Today i found a deep puncture wound. I tried to clean, tried 200 mg tab in her with very little results i need to sedate her to clkean it better. I am a nurse and I do have somne ,xzanax 0.5 csn i give it to her. She is approx 21 # ***** 5 yrs old
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hello Donna,

I am so sorry your girl was injured.

The dose is 0.125 to 0.25 mg every 12 hours.

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/prescription/alprazolam-xanax

Puncture wounds often close over forming an abscess underneath so she may need an antibiotic like clindamycin.

I hope she feels better very soon.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Love,

Terri