Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

What are typical prices Coon cats...I 't want a show

Customer Question

what are typical prices for Maine Coon cats...I don't want a show cat, just a purebred male to keep me company
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

Price can vary, depending on who you adopt from and where you live. Reputable breeders of Maine Coons can have prices that start at $400. In fact, if a breeder asks for less than $400 for a kitten, be suspect that the cat is either not pure bred or may have a health defect. If you would like a pure bred kitten, but not necessarily a show cat, you would still need to adopt from a breeder or cattery that certifies the kitten is pure bred. At the higher end of the price range, $1500 for a pure bred kitten is not unheard of.

If you love the look and personality of Maine Coons (they're one of my favorite breeds, too! : )), you might find a 'look-a-like' that is not pure bred, but looks primarily like a Maine Coon, in a shelter or at a cat rescue organization and you would be saving a feline life, while adopting a cat that will have the qualities you are seeking.

I wish you much good luck and hope you find the perfect kitten for yourself!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I'm just checking in with you to make sure that you received my answer and found it helpful.

Please kindly rate my answer positively so I receive credit for my assistance, or if I can help you with anything else related to your original question, please let know. Thank you very much!

Warmest wishes,

Cher