Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My cat is bleeding from where he pees. He hasnt home potty

Customer Question

My cat is bleeding from where he pees. He hasnt home potty all day. He seems to have NO energy. WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM??
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am very sorry to hear about Jasper. I am happy to help you this evening. Since he has not urinated all day and has blood coming from his penis this is a very big concern. There is a good chance he is "blocked" and cannot urinate because of inflammation or debris that has blocked his urethra. This is an emergency. He has to be seen tonight by your vet or the nearest emergency hospital. You cannot wait until morning unfortunately because he can become very very sick. So having him seen tonight is a must. There is nothing to do for him at home. He needs to be examined and determined if he is blocked and then he will need to be unblocked if he is. That will require anesthesia and then some hospitalization with a catheter in to help fix whatever caused this. So you should contact your vet if they see emergencies or find the nearest emergency hospital and take him there immediately.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!