Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have nursed a stray Siamese cat back to health. There were

Customer Question

I have nursed a stray Siamese cat back to health. There were white egg looking things in her ears. I got medicine for mites and now they are gone. She shakes her head a lot. I heard that could be an ear infection. She grooms well, not too much I think. I groom her as well. She shakes her front legs kind of spastically only at times. Drinks water some but more so if I put it in front of her face. Very skinny at first and not active. But after time seems adjusted and sees better. No idea the age. I know I should take her to a vet. Trying to get the courage up.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Bless you for saving Mow! You are AWESOME!

It is possible she has earmites. Those cannot be seen with the naked eye.

Use revolution monthly on her neck. It will kill fleas, ticks, earmites, worms and affords some heartworm protection.

She does need to see a vet since she was outdoors. She may just be malnourished but should pick up now that she has YOU to feed her properly.

www.catinfo.org

Cats are not big water drinkers so don't worry if you do not see her drinking. She will get enough fluids if she eats canned food because it is 60% water.

You can drain the water from a can of tuna and let her lap it up every other day.

Please let me know how she is doing. REply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Love,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eileen,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Mow. How is everything going?
Terri
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took her to a vet finally. She does not have ear mites or fleas or a temperature. It seems she may have cancer. I will do my best to hospice her if so needed. We are treating her for an ear infection. She is well nourished and drinking plenty of water now that she eats dry cat food. Even though she has a collar mark around her neck and was declawed it seems she was just tossed out. There was no implant to identify her. I plan to take in Siamese cats that need help for as long as I can. One at a time though I think. Thank-you for your support. I will keep your info for future use. Reaching out to you did give me the courage to take my cat to the vet. Thank-you.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

You are more than welcome.It has been a pleasure and an honor to help such an awesome person!

May God bless you a million times over for saving her and standing by her!AND the others!

The world needs more wonderful people like YOU!

I hope you win the lottery - Mow sure did when she met you!

Please keep me updated on how she is doing.

Love,

Terri