Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My cat, approx 6 months old, started flinching s head

Customer Question

My cat, approx 6 months old, started flinching his head backwards very frequently. Also, one of his eyes has been partially shut. He flinches away from the partially shut eye, almost as if he maybe scratched the surface and it hurts? Any suggestions on what it might be?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your kitten is having such strange behavior. Based on your history, I would wonder if Babou has something that is causing his eye to be painful. Possibilities include a scratch to his cornea, foreign material in his eye (such as a piece of grass or small insect) or conjunctivitis. I would recommend taking him to see your regular veterinarian to have his eye evaluated.

They will likely place drops in the eye to make it numb so that he does not fight the eye exam. Then they will recommend a corneal stain as well as look under the lids for debris. Once they determine the cause of the eye pain, they will recommend eye drops for treatment.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is Babou this evening? Is he still having the unusual behavior?

Do you have any more questions for me?

Also, if you would consider rating our conversation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda