Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

I have a fixed male kitty about a year and 1/2 old. He

Customer Question

Hello. I have a fixed male kitty about a year and 1/2 old. He seemed slow this morning and his left eye looked funny, rolling back, not focused.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, what happened to the person I was just talking to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He spent the day sleeping on the couch. He did eat, just seems lethargic and the eye thing freaked me out. He does spend most of his time outside, but eats inside and plays inside. Has a fixed sister that lives here with him. Has all his shots and a regular vet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, did I just spend $5 for nothing? this is very misleading. I had someone talking to me, then the screen goes to give us money and poof....person is gone. I am so disappointed I fell for this.
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help with your question about your kitty.

I'm typing your answer now and thank you for your patience.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, again.

Do you know what your cat's third eye lid looks like? The third eyelid is a white-ish, fleshy membrane that starts at the inside corner of the eye and can come up, across the eye completely or partially, hiding the eyeball, itself. Sometimes, this will give the appearance that the eye is rolled back.

The third eyelid will appear when a cat isn't feel well, in general, or there is an eye problem. If he seems to be squinting this eye or holding it closed or only open halfway, this would indicate a problem.

Due to his lethargy and unusual appearance of his eye, it would be advisable to have him evaluated in person by a vet, as soon as possible, for a definite diagnosis and treatment. You can bring him in first thing tomorrow morning, but if his symptoms seem to worsen, he doesn't want to eat at all, has trouble breathing, walking or eliminating, you can bring him to an ER vet center nearby, tonight.

I hope all will be well with Sir Smudge, The Rolly Polly and please let me know how he's doing and what the vet tells you. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Warmest regards,
Cher