Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I came to the site to find out whether to give my cat

Customer Question

Hi. I came to the site to find out whether to give my cat activated charcoal because I gave her a few drops of vitamin D and then realized it had citrus flavoring and am afraid she might get sick from it. The bottle says "citrus flavor" not oil, but as the product is all natural, I assume it is real citrus.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also am wondering how long before she may exhibit symptoms and how toxic it actually is when mixed with aother oil. The vitamin d is in sunflower seed oil as a carrier.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you are worried and your question was not answered as soon as you posted.

Actually, citrus is not toxic to cats so you do not have to give her activated charcoal (or anything).

Tinto should be just fine. I hope I have eased your mind. If you wish to discuss this further just reply here or if you prefer I can call you on the phone.

Love,

Terri