Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My 8 month old kitten had vomiting and diarrhoea. It started

Customer Question

My 8 month old kitten had vomiting and diarrhoea. It started yesterday morning again in the night and again this afternoon. She is not interested in food at all. She has always seems to have a very sensitive stomach, unlike her brother who has the same diet with no ill effects.
We cannot go to the vet until Monday as they are closed for the rest of the weekend. Is there anything I can do to help her. She still has reasonably good energy at the moment.
Many thanks
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your fur baby is not feeling well. Something she ate disagreed with her.Go out and get a few jars of human baby food chicken or turkey with no onion or garlic and rice cereal.

Add one tablespoon of rice cereal or boiled white rice to a jar. Feed that until her stool is normal for for 48 hours .

Drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl and let her lap it up for hydration.

Also give her a half tsp of plain yogurt every day for good bacteria.

If she is nauseated she can have one quarter of a ten mg pepcid A/C (famotidine) in a tablespoon of baby food.

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/famotidine-pepcid/page1.aspx

Please let me know how she is doing. I will be here for you all weekend.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Love,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

How is she doing today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Terri,
Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately I only got your reply this morning, 28th Sept for some reason, even though you wrote on 26th Sept.
Little Lucia is much brighter today. I think the Pro-Kolin has helped her and a very restricted simple fishy diet. But your answer makes a lot of sense, I will certainly follow that route if it happens again, they are things I would never have thought of.
Thank you once again
Roz
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hi Roz,

You are more than welcome. It was my pleasure to hep such a wonderful person!

I am thrilled to hear precious Lucia s much better. I cannot understand why you did not get my answer as soon as I posted. However, I am glad you can use the information.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site. I will always be here for you and Lucia at no additional charge.

Love,

Terri