Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My cat received the feline leukemia vaccine yesterday- seems

Customer Question

My cat received the feline leukemia vaccine yesterday- seems I'll now
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

How old is your cat? Is this the first leukemia vaccine he's had? What exactly is he doing?

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Any vomiting or hives or facial swelling?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, he is 3 years old. He was very lethargic and not acting like himself. No vomiting, hives. Hard to tell if he has facial swelling. Seems better this am. Still not quite himself
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Lethargy, decreased appetite, hiding, and sleeping a lot are common side effects from vaccines, and are not concerning unless they last for longer than 36 hours or so. If he is eating today and starting to act better, I would not worry and I would just ride it out. If he is still very lethargic by tomorrow, I would see a vet.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help- i appreciate it.
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome! Feel free to reply to me as this progresses in case he does not perk up. Best of luck, and please remember to rate my service so that I will receive credit for assisting you. Take care.

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Palmer. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.