Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I just asked a question about kitten with CH, I think.

Customer Question

I just asked a question about kitten with CH, I think. Wanted to sign me up for $34 and awaiting a response. Thought you answered right away!!
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for requesting me. Please tell me your question and I will answer immediately.

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

OK I see it. You are asking about a kitten with Cerebellar hyperplasia, right?

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Bless you for saving JayJay. Since he is 4-5 weeks old you can feed him canned kitten food.

www.catinfo.org

IF he has CF, it is possible his mother had distemper. It is also possible he is just malnourished, dehydrated or hypoglycemic causing his symptoms.Read about CH here:

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_cerebellar_hypoplasia.html

Rub a drop of pancake syrup into his gums to raise his blood sugar.

Feed him pate canned kitten food.

Please let me know if you wish to discuss this further.

It sounds as though he is doing well right now. The good news is he will NOT get any worse

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Love,

Terri