Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cats (2) hate the taste of Royal Canin Urinary SO wet

Customer Question

my cats (2) hate the taste of Royal Canin Urinary SO wet food. Is there an equivalent canned food made by someone else?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help with your question about the cat food Dottie and her companion are now eating.

I'm sorry they don't like the food. Hills Science Diet makes a similar kind of prescription food called s/d, which they may like the taste of, better. This is only available through your veterinarian's office. Buy a can or two and see how it goes. Personally, I don't like the ingredients in Science Diet foods, and feel Royal Canin is superior, but, it's important that they eat a food that will prevent future crystals and also dissolve any crystals that are present at this time.

Here is more information about the food:

http://www.hillspet.com/products/pd-feline-sd-feline-dissolution-canned.html

If they don't like the taste of the food, perhaps you can add some tuna water, drained from a can of regular tuna or mix in some plain, boiled skinless chicken breast containing NO onion or garlic (no seasoning at all) to help enhance the flavor for them.

I hope all will be well and Dottie will not have anymore problems with struvite crystals!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,
Cher