Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have an INDOOR all cat that has developed black spots on

Customer Question

I have an INDOOR all white cat that has developed black spots on her tail It does not seem to bother her. she is heathy and happy. They di not seem "raised or clumpy, just black. The secretion from her nose and eyes is black too. What to do?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

This is an info request for which you are NOT charged!

I am sorry you are worried. Can you send me a picture of the spots on Vixen?

How many do you see?

Are they itchy or painful?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Thanks

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Without a photo I suspect these spots are merely feline acne.They are produced by blocked sebaceous oil glands. They look similar to human blackheads.

They are NOT cancer. Since they don''t bother her they are just cosmetic. You can wipe twice day with a stridex pad. That should dry up the excess oil.

The black from her nose and eyes is tears mixing with bacteria on her fur. Apply a damp teabag. The tanic acid in the tea with sooth and lower the PH of her tears.

Please let me know if you wish to discuss this further. Just press reply and I will be here for you.

LovePlease be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Terri