Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat is acting very strange since last night. She didn't

Customer Question

My cat is acting very strange since last night. She didn't come home last night which she always does and when I finally located her in neighbour's yard she just sat in middle of yard and wouldn't come. Had yo go get her. I have her in house and she is just laying there and she acts like maybe she is hallucinating. What could she have gotten into to make her act and feel like this.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

I'm so sorry Lilly has you worried.

Since she spends time outside, she could have ingested a toxic flower, plant, grass, etc., or if she's a hunter, she might have eaten a rodent or other 'critter' that ingested poison, and she could be poisoned by proxy.

A head trauma is also possible, from being struck by a vehicle or bike, or an evil human and she could have a brain bleed or swelling of the brain, a tumor, had a stroke, etc. I don't mean to alarm you, just to inform, but while she was away from the house, there's no telling what could have happened, so we have to make educated guesses.

It would be advisable to have her evaluated in person by an ER vet center, now, so you can find out what's causing her symptoms and have her treated.

I hope all will be well with your Lilly and please let me know how things are going. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively, as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time, to ask for clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I'm just checking in with you to see how Lilly is doing and if you found my answer helpful. Were you able to bring her to the vet? Please let me know what's happening, as I'm concerned for her.

Thank you,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lil,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Lilly. How is everything going?
Cher