Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I hope you can help me. My cats paw has nerve damage and he

Customer Question

Hi I hope you can help me. My cats paw has nerve damage and he was hit by a car about a month ago now. he is walking with is bent the other way. and when i try to bend it the right way he meows at me as he doesn't like it. The vets I took him to said that the feeling would come back and he would slowly recover but he hasn't yet and I'm worried it will stay like this forever. Some explanation and advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a few questions for you to better assess your situation.

Just to make sure I understand it correctly, he is walking with the top of his paw, dragging the ground, correct?

If you pinch his toes very firmly, does he seem to feel it or pull his paw away?