Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Our one year old rescue cat has developed skin lesions on s

Customer Question

Our one year old rescue cat has developed skin lesions on his face, eight months ago. Our vet diagnosed them as a fungal infection and put him of fluconzole. After a while the lesions cleared up but when we took him off the meds, they started back. We eventually tapered him off the meds and he was fine for a couple of months. Now they're back with a vengeance. They follow the same course where they start as round red spots that blister, the hair falls out, then a scab forms, the scab eventually falls off, they turn from pink to gray, and the hair eventually grows back. This last round have all healed except one that he keeps rubbing with the cone on (he's been in a cone for a month now. What else can we do? Any ideas?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like Mojo has ringworm. It is a difficult fungus to eradicate. You can use lamisyl on any new lesions.

For the one thats not healing apply raw honey a few times a day. It is a marvelous healing agent.

You can get it in any health food store.

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

Make a solution of one part bleach to 20 parts water. Use it to wipe down his litter box and anything else he has contact with to kill ringworm spores.

Add 250 mg of l-lysine to his water daily to boost his immune system.

Please let me know how he is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Love,

Terri