Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My indoor cat (1 of 6) has had ringworm for Over a year and

Customer Question

My indoor cat (1 of 6) has had ringworm for
Over a year and has been treated with the whole gambit of antifungals and been dipped and has had shaving and bathed with special antifungals pet shampoos and still has it
The other cats if they get a patch get rid of it by themselves. We have cleaned and re cleaned all areas of home weekly and this one cat can't get rid of it any suggestions?
I thank you for your time I'm frustrated for his sack
Category: Cat
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with ring worm. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions.

Do you treat the other cats if they get ringworm or do you just let it resolve on its own?

Have you tried treating all cats at the same time?

Are any of your other cats long haired or is Oliver a Persian or Himalayan mix ( if you know) ?

Has Oliver ever been tested for feline aids?