Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My Persian has a raw open sore on s chin and has diarreha

Customer Question

My Persian has a raw open sore on his chin and has diarreha that he is smearing on walls. Hiding in the closet.Totally our of character for him.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry Frankie is not feeling well. Can I please have more information about the diarrhea?

How long has Frankie had it?

What did he eat just prior to it developing?

Is he eating now?

Indoor kitty?

This is a request for information for which you are not charged! After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Thanks,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I was hoping to hear right back from you so we could talk about Frankie's diarrhea.

The chin sore is easy to fix. Apply some raw honey 3 times a day. It is an amazing healing agent. You can get it in a health food store. It is safe if he licks it.

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

The diarrhea is most likely caused by a GI upset. Get a few jars of chicken or turkey baby food with no onion or garlic. Add one tablespoon of rice cereal or boiled white rice to each jar. Feed only this or boiled chicken till his stool is normal for 48 hours

Please let me know how Frankie is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Love,

Terri