Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat is a female and turned 14 this year. She hasn't had a

Customer Question

hello,
my cat is a female and turned 14 this year. She hasn't had a bowel movement in over a week, and I have tried water, new litter, massaging her stomach, and different wet food but nothing is giving. I believe she is suffering from more than one issue, she has started to cause a lot of noise in the middle of the night, peeing where she shouldn't, laying in the bathtub, and has been very weak. What should I do?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for requesting me. Vocalizing at night can be due to hyperthyroid. However, right now I am more concerned about her weakness and laying in the tub.

I think she may be very dehydrated which is also causing her constipation. She should be seen by a vet today ASAP for subQ fluids.

In the meantime offer her whole milk.It is a natural laxative which should produce stools within two hours and hydrate her as well.

Please let me know how she is doing. Reply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Love,

Terri