Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My 3 month old kitten had fungus in s tail and s 6 month old

Customer Question

Hello
My 3 month old kitten had fungus in his tail and his 6 month old friend i think got it on his lip !!! The 3 month old is in medication 1/4 pill everyday and we apply srpray lamisil ,,,, the 6 month old i gave 1/2 a pill but what to apply ??????! I mean its his lip
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry Champ has ringworm. It is very contagious, even to you so wear rubber gloves when applying medication.

You can use a tiny bit of lamisyl on his lip but rub it in well so he does not swallow any. He could also lick his tail so that should also be rubbed in well. Distract him for a few minutes till it dries.

Make a solution of one part bleach to 20 parts water and wipe down all his things to kill the spores.

I hope he feels better very soon.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Love,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dimah,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Champ. How is everything going?
Terri
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Much better thanx dr started him on pills
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am thrilled to hear Champ is better. You are doing a GREAT job because ringworm is very difficult to eradicate.

Even though he is taking pills you should still apply a topical AND use the bleach/water solution to disinfect his belongings.

Please let me know how he is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site. I will still be her for you at no additional charge.

Love,

Terri