Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My 11 year old female cat is leaking a pale yellowish,

Customer Question

My 11 year old female cat is leaking a pale yellowish, sticky & odourless discharge from her vagina. She's also licking the area a lot & making weird growling sounds occasionally. She has not been spayed & is an indoor cat only. I'm very worried about her, because she's just not herself right now.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Megan and her issues. I am happy to help you this evening. Since she is an intact female and she is having this type of discharge and is not feeling well it is most likely she has an infection. It is hard to say if it is an infection of her her uterus called a pyometra or just an infection of her lower part of her reproductive tract or even her urinary bladder. She should be examined as soon as possible to see where the infection is and get her treated as soon as possible. If you cannot have her seen tonight then have her seen first thing in the morning. Some of these infections can turn life threatening quickly so you do not want to wait.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!