petdrz
petdrz, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

We suspect that our cat had a stroke. She has

Customer Question

Hi we suspect that our cat had a stroke. She has hyperthyroidism and is on tapozole 1/2 tab twice a day. She is 15 yesterday she was unable to walk or open her mouth and also dilated pupils. Today she is able to meow drink water and feel when you are touching parts of her body. Should we continue medication for thyroid and would half an aspirin help with her blood flow.
Thanks for any info you can give me
Category: Cat
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

I would definitely not give her any aspirin and I would strongly suggest that you have her evaluated by your vet right away. It is possible that there was a vascular event, but it is also possible that she is suffering from hypertension as many cats with hyperthyroidism do. If she is, she may have developed a detached or a partially detached retina. If there is any hope of that improving, rapid intervention is needed to identify the hypertension and treat it. I would discontinue the tapazole until you see your vet.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z

Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lisa,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Stella. How is everything going?
Dr. Z.